Tuesday, September 23, 2014

In The Hot Seat With H.C.Brown-Loretta Laird





Hi Loretta, tell my readers a little about who you are and what you do :-)
       
  My name is Loretta Laird and I am a romanceaholic! I love to get lost in a book though seldom get the opportunity being a busy mum to 4 daughters! I moved from England to Australia in 2009 and love the lifestyle here. I enjoy cooking, mostly cakes as that’s what I love to eat. My ambition is to buy a cabin by a lake and sit and write all day, creating worlds and stories that are enjoyed by many.
Q:  Can you tell our readers a little about your writing? What genres do you enjoy writing?
I have been published for about eighteen months now and it has been a rollercoaster ride! I love to write what I like to read which is hot romance in any genre. I have published a trilogy with Steamereads which is called The Passers and is a fantasy quest story. Recently, I have been fortunate enough to be published by Luminosity Publishers. The book is called Captured by a Laird and is a highland romance with a good dose of passion.

Q:  Do you write on a schedule or when the Muse decides?
I write only when I can fit it in, much to me own frustration. I would like to write from dawn to dusk but my commitments keep getting in my way! One day... (she closes her eyes and drifts off into a lovely dream!)
Q: Can you tell us about your writing process, for example, do you write an outline first?
No, I probably should but I just write, then read it, rewrite, read etc. I usually write in order but not always. I have a lovely friend who is a very visual person so she reads my work and prompts me to add more detail to certain areas.

Q:  What qualities do you instill in your heroes?
Passion, strength, humour and fantastic bedroom skills!
Q. Coffee or tea?
Depends what time of day. Always tea to start the day, then coffee from 11 – 4 then back to tea again.
Q. Beach or countryside?
Beach.
Q. Do you write about the places you know or prefer to take your readers to exotic places?
I prefer to make up places then I don’t have to be accurate!

Q: Where do you get your inspiration?
I love to read so ideas spiral in my head until they form into stories.

Q: Would you change anything in your life to make writing easier.
Yes, give up my day job and adopt out my children! (Just joking on the last one!)

Q: We have all suffered submission rejections. How do you cope? Do you have any advice to other writers on coping with rejection?
I have found that most rejections come with a very good reason so I just move onto the next one. I was lucky to have been signed write early in my career. I do still have a non-fiction book that I am finding impossible to get ‘out there’. I just put it to one side and try every few months, getting on with other things in the mean time.

Q: What do you like to read and who are your favourite authors?
I have enjoyed reading books from my fellow authors recently so am discovering new talent. I love the Cats Eyes Chronicles by T.L.Shreffler.


Q: Do you write one novel at a time or do you move between works in progress?
I usually write in the evenings as I work full time. Sometimes I get some precious time at weekends to lose myself in my writing.

Q: Do you have times when the Muse is away on holiday?
Yes, quite often actually but I find reading back what I have done and having a few book on the go give me more options.

Q. What motivates you to write?
A life of being a full time writer.

Q. What advice would you give to unpublished authors approaching an e publisher?
A good idea, a catchy title and lots of sex.
Q: Is there anything you would like to share with us about upcoming releases?
I have a SiFi coming out soon with Rogue Phoenix called Deep Space Dreaming and a couple in the pipeline from my alter ego Willow West.

Q: Can you tell us a little about your current novel? What inspired you to write this story?

Blurb: After the death of her father and disguised as the legendary Green Bow Lena strives to protect her home from the greedy lairds who covert her fertile land. While riding one day, she is abducted from her mount by Stef, Laird of Harris who believes he had bagged himself the notorious Green Bow.
As Stref arrives to hang his prisoner from the tower, a prickle of doubt creeps into his mind.
What follows is a feisty tale of adventure and betrayal before the couple can declare their love and embark on their happy, if rather lusty, ever after.

Excerpt: Stref’s lips came down hard and fast. His tongue darted into the moist warmth of her mouth, claiming her with a dominant fury. Lena pulled herself close to him, bringing her body alongside his. Her hands snaked around his head bringing him down to her, fully absorbing him into her embrace. Warning bells sounded in her head, but it was too late, Lena felt the hard length of Stref’s arousal. There was one place she longed to feel him, and that place throbbed with anticipation of his possession. Desperate to convey her need, Lena pressed herself closer to Stref, her hips moving with an instinctive rhythm.
The second onslaught of the bird at the window drew the pair apart. This time Lena pulled away from the giant man and raced to the aid of her pet. She called out soothing words as the creature wailed a lament. At the sound of his mistress’s voice, Pride calmed and took off again. Lena sighed with relief as she turned to face the man who she had so wantonly seduced.
“Clever,” he nodded, his hands clapping slowly in mock admiration. His dark eyes had turned from soft grey to flint as he looked at her with disgust. His lip curled as he turned to leave. “Get some rest,” he snarled.




Author’s links: http://www.lorettalaird.com/





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your support Heather. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An enjoyable interview and excerpt. Hope your story sells and sells. :-)

    ReplyDelete